2019/2020 Academic Sessions Starts 21st October, 2019.
As we all put finishing touches to our preparations to start the new 2019/2020 Academic Session, We have compiled some safety tips for our students especially the newly admitted students.
1. For those who will be coming from outside Maiduguri in particular and Borno State in general, Kindly move with a valid Identity Card most especially National I.D Card, Voters Card e.t.c and for those without any valid Identity Card, Print Out Your Jamb Admission Letter and keep it close by with you all the time, do not keep it inside yout luggage, carry it with you always.
2. As you approach the Northeast, you will pass through alot of military checkpoints, obey all rules and regulations,
give due respect to all security personnel you encounter, be confident and follow all their instructions. At most checkpoints, you will be requested to disembark from your vehicle and pass through on foot, Kindly obey and proceed for safety reasons.
3. Dress responsible while on your way to Maiduguri, as you know, the way you are dressed shows how you will be addressed.
4. Upon Entering Maiduguri, you will be dropped at the Borno Express terminus, or in some rare occasions, Tashan Kano (Kano Park) which is closeby, unless you already know the town, it is advisable for you to drop here.
5. For those without any relatives in town and who will want to proceed to the University immediately, Kindly note that the distance from Borno Express or Kano Park to the school is two drops, and each drop is #50 only for Keke Napep. For those who will be coming with huge luggage, you are advised to take a charter of the Keke Napep for #200 per drop totaling #400 for the whole trip, so as to safeguard your luggage.
6. From the park, you will head to Post office which is a drop, then from Post Office to University which is another drop, please note that the distance from Post Office to University is lengthy, so don't panic. For those who will be taking a charter, you can get a direct Keke Napep to University and it's #400.
7. Appear smart and be sharp and alert, do not act like a first timer, some Keke Napep drivers will just take advantage of you. There are lots of good drivers around the town though.
8. The following documents should be ready with you, Original Copy and at least 4 photocopies each, with at least 8 Passport photos.
o JAMB Admission Letter
o JAMB Slip
o Online Screening Evidence
o A’ Level Certificate (DE Students Only)
o O’ Level Certificate
o Primary School Certificate
o Certificate of Birth
o Certificate of indigene
9. Always politely ask for directions and aid whenever you are in doubt inside and outside of the University, the people here are very friendly and you will enjoy your stay at University of Maiduguri, the Center Of Excellence. Cheers.
Please do share this post to others.
Watch out for our next post on places to visit in Maiduguri.