This is the enrolment of every Nigerian and Legal Resident who meets NIMC’s criteria from the age of 0 to 15 years.
Walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents:
Mandatory requirements for minors (Enrolment of Children)
- Parent/Guardian’s National Identification Number (NIN) Slip ( father, mother or guardian’s NIN ) MUST be provided.
- Supporting documents and evidence of proof as the Guardian to the minor (if Guardian’s NIN is used).
- Registered Birth Certificate/ Statutory Age Declaration.
- All minors MUST be accompanied by at least one of the parents or a Guardian.
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- School ID Card private/Public
- NHIS ID card
- Nigerian passport
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in the community
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
Process for capturing minors (0 to 15 years):
- Applicant walks into the enrolment Centre with Their parent/guardian and the required supporting document.
- Applicant will be verified to ascertain if he/she has enrolled before through the verification portal.
- Applicant will be issued an enrolment form to fill if he/she has not enrolled before. OR the printed Barcode slip will be collected if the applicant had pre-enrolled earlier using the pre-enrolment services.
- Applicant forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided and to check for errors/mistake filled on the form.
- Note: Parents/Guardians who cannot read nor write should come along with another person who can do the form filling on their behalf.
- Applicant’s pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC enrolment officer or the Barcode slip be scanned by the NIMC enrolment officer to populate all the required fields.
- The enrolment officer will ask the applicant’s parents to double check their ward information using the applicant’s monitor to check for errors.
- If the Parent/Guardian is satisfied with the demographics information inputted, the biometrics of the applicant will be captured subsequently.
- After completing the enrolment registration, a Transaction Slip will be issued to the applicant as an evidence of the transaction. However, the Transaction slip does not confer the right to National Identification Number. The applicant will be requested to come back for the NIN within 1-5 working days, as it is subject to the speed/availability of network, authentication and verification.
- A National Identification Number Slip is issued to the applicant after processing.
- The National e-ID Card will not be issued to this categories of applicant until they become 16 years of age and above.
- A text message will automatically be sent to the Applicant, Parent or guardian to come for update when they become 16years of age.
Service Fee: ENROLMENT IS FREE
Availability: Monday – Friday (8a.m. to 4p.m.)
- Availability of the NIMS Backend.
- Availability of Network for data transmission.
- Availability of power for the enrolment system.