Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) Admission Form into Medicine & Surgery for 2020/2021 Session is Out. Cut-off mark is 180.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following recently approved Department in the School of Health and Health Technology for the 2020/2021 Academic Session:
DEPT./PROGRAMME : Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M. B. B. S)
REGISTRATION FOR MBBS POST UTME SCREENING: MATTERS ARISING
It’s been brought to our notice that candidates who want to register in order to be eligible to participate in the post UTME screening for the newly introduced MBBS PROGRAMME have not been able to do so.The general public should take note of the following facts:–
- The University has done all within its power to ensure a hitch free Registration process– The Process for change of institutions and course is not within the control of FUTA .It is an exclusive function of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board– FUTA does not collect fees for change of institutions and course . That process is within the purview of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board– JAMB is in the process of enabling the necessary protocols on their portal that will allow interested candidates to effect necessary changes to enable them register for the Post UTME screening for the MBBS PROGRAMME
- It is clear that candidates can only pay for the screening with FUTA when the necessary changes have been made on the JAMB Portal .And ONLY JAMB can authorize this on its portal.
- Therefore FUTA has not collected and cannot collect any fee for post-UTME Screening from candidates who have not effected the necessary changes on JAMB Portal
- The necessary units and officials of FUTA are in constant touch with officials of JAMB who have given strong assurances that the glitches will be sorted out in due course and there will be sufficient time for interested candidates to register for the screening.
- Candidates and their parents / sponsors are STRONGLY advised not to fall victims to antics of fraudsters who may want to take advantage of the situation to scam them .
Deputy DirectorCorporate CommunicationsFUTAMay 15,2021*RBC: BIMBO NAHS*
Five SSCE credits passes or its equivalent at ONE sitting in the following subjects: English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Candidates who scored a minimum of 180 marks in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) are eligible irrespective of their most preferred choice institution.
Candidates who have been offered admission in any other institution and have accepted need NOT apply.
How to Apply for FUTA Medicine and Surgery Admission Form
Note: Registration on the school portal has now been suspended till further notice
Candidates are required to:
- change their institutions of choice to FUTA (if they have not done so)
- ensure eligibility for Post-UTME by:
- checking the University’s website (www.futa.edu.ng) for the admission requirements and mode of payment for the application;
- completing and submitting the University Post-UTME Application Form online; and
- printing out a copy of the Form.
The date for the conduct of the Post-UTME screening will be communicated to candidates through extant channels of communication of the University in due course.
CLOSING DATE: The closing date for payment, completion and submission of the application form online is Monday, 17th May, 2021.
R. A. Arifalo