The need for a high JAMB score in your quest for admission to a higher institution in Nigeria cannot be overemphasized. Every candidate wants to have a high JAMB score as that will help boost admission chances, but many never get to achieve that. The question is, what strategies can one employ to achieve this goal?
1. EARLY PREPARATION:
Don’t wait for the exams to be close before you start preparations. Early preparation gives you an edge; don’t think that there is still time.
Live your life with a sense of urgency. Have the mentality, ” I am behind schedule”. Begin to set targets because it will give you a powerful drive towards the exam.
Do you want to score 350+ in Jamb? It all begins now. Remember, a man who fails to plan is indirectly planning to fail. In your quest for university admission, what can you see?.
3. DEVELOP A STUDY HABIT:
Your habits determine your habitat. It is high time you develop a solid study habit. Need help? here is how to start. Before you study, make sure that you are relaxed physically, emotionally and mentally. The following study practices might be of good help to you.
- Study in an environment that is best conducive for you. It doesn’t really need to be calm; if a noisy area is OK for you, go with it.
- Read with revelation. Draw a plan of what you should achieve after the study.
- All materials that guarantee smooth learning must be ready to avoid searching in the midst of learning.
- Get a Jotter to put down salient facts.
- Don’t skip any part of the material if you don’t understand it.
- Prepare a study time-table and follow it consecutively.
- Prepare a rest and recreation time-table too. Funny?
4. USE PAST QUESTIONS:
Past questions are the picture of the future. The future here speaks of the exam you are preparing for. Studying with past questions will act as a positive catalyst for your exam. The importance of past questions is they help you to:
- Know the nature of questions to expect.
- Identify the dark spots in your textbooks
- Take note of the frequently asked questions.
- Examine your level of preparation by putting yourself in the exam condition.
- Boosts your confidence.
Note: Most past questions pack have answers at the back. Do not check the answers before you solve the problems. Just make sure that you understand the questions.
5. IDENTIFY YOUR WEAK POINTS:
Like I always say, “telling yourself the truth is honesty but telling others is integrity.
Find out what works for you and what doesn’t. Find that the subjects and topics you find very easy to learn. In addition, don’t run away from the ones giving you tough time.
Do everything possible to give them a tough time too. Just imagine losing 80 marks in mathematics just because you fail to fall in love with it. Handle your weakness or your weakness will handle you.
7. LEARN EXAM STRATEGIES:
There are things that don’t seem reasonable but are capable of making you responsible. Understand the following strategies:
Any question you get wrong, there are people who will get it right.
Some answers follow a pattern. This pattern can help you get the questions you don’t know the correct answers to.
After every 30 minutes go back to the questions you think you have answered to be sure if you actually answered it correctly. Sometimes the brain deceives.
Increase your speed and don’t leave any options blank.
Good luck to all jamb 2021 candidates!! 👍