Kebbi schools to shut down indefinitely


MyschoolNews Campus Pay - Earn Up to ₦50,000 Monthly | Write, Comment,Share and Invite Friends (JOIN NOW)

No fewer than seven schools in Kebbi have been shut down indefinitely following bandits’ abduction of students and teachers of Federal Government College, Birnin Yauri.

According to Isah Arzika, Chairman of the Nigeria Union of Teachers, the schools shut down indefinitely are located on the front lines of the areas prone to attacks by bandits.

 

Mr Arzika explained that the government directed all school principals to close any school they believed were not safe, adding that police.

 

“On these proactive measures, as you all know, we are part of the system. Because principals are teachers, all the directors at the board are also teachers. It is the decision that we all took that is affecting us.

 

“Government has given us an order and option to take any necessary action as far as our schools are concerned. That we can close those schools which we think are not safe and prone to attacks in the areas close to the forest,” he stated.

 

The NUT chairman assured that they had already closed the front line schools, describing the move as proactive to guard against another mass abduction of students and teachers.

 

“I am not talking about only boarding schools, any school that is on the front line, and it is not safe. We would just ask the students to pack and go home, pending the time the situation normalises.

 

“Before now, the state government had recruited a large number of vigilance members to look over our schools, and we are very much satisfied with what the government has done.

 

“Some of these schools that I am talking about have policemen attached to them. Honestly, we are satisfied with government actions,” he disclosed.

 

On the FGC Yauri abduction, the NUT chairman said, “Since the security agencies have swung into action on the bandits, we have not made fresh contact with the parents and relatives of the students and teachers still in their captivity.

 

“When we made our first contact two days ago, precisely on Thursday, they did not demand any ransom. Instead, they told the parents and relatives that they only wanted to establish contact with them and inform them that their children are with them.

 

“As I am talking to you, two of our teachers have regained their freedom. Already, seven schools on the front line in that area have been closed, and more will be closed if we realise the situation is not safe for the teachers and students.”

 

(NAN)

1586386520-768-by-768-1.gif

Get all Breaking News for Post-UTME,Admission List,JAMB,WAEC,NECO and Schools Resumption Date on yourwhatsApp Status Now- Click Links to Join 

Myschoolnews WhatsApp Tv - JOIN NOW
Join Myschoolnews on Telegram Now
Join Myschoolnews On Facebook Now
Join Myschoolnews On Twitter Now
Join Myschoolnews On Instagram Now

Enjoyed this article? Stay informed by joining our newsletter!

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Related Articles
About Author